Within the European Union the new REACH regulation (EC-No. 1907/2006) has been created in the area of chemical legislations. The new regulation includes Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation of Chemicals.
Effective June 1st, 2007, the REACH-Regulation regulates registration and evaluation of chemicals, chemical substances, preparations and substances in articles.
- No sufficient knowledge about many substances
- Increase of certain deseases (risk prevention, mutagens, carcinogens, allergies, asbestosis, chemical intolerance (MCS)
- Relief for governmental institutions + authorities by transfer of data acquisition
- Uniform evaluation of chemicals within the EU
- Protection of human health and the environment
- Increased transparency
- Promotion of non-animal testing
- Conformity with EU international obligations under the WTO
- Maintenance and enhancement of the competitiveness of the EU chemical industry
All substances produced within the EU or imported from Non-EU-Countries above 1 ton per year have to be registered within a defined time frame. Exempted from registration under REACH are chemicals for food, feed and human medicine - separate legislations apply for those applications.
Oskar Berg Basischemikalien GmbH has implemented various registrations as an importer under the REACH regulation.
Non-Registered Substances and preparations and substances in articles may not be produced within the EU and imported from Non-EU-Countries!
REACH obliges producers, importers and customers to cooperate! As importer and distributor - Oskar Berg Basischemikalien GmbH - communicates along the supply chain in order to ensure a smooth exchange of information.